Another newby, my ancestry

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Arroyah
User

Nov 6, 2010, 3:41 PM

Post #26 of 39 (56990 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DJ Thornton] Another newby, my ancestry [In reply to] Can't Post

D.J., you have really been busy. I just took a look at the posts and haven't had time to read the attachments but I will. Thank you for doing all of this.

I have sent 2 messages to you using the private email on this site. Have you received either one?
Arroyah

Arroyah
User

Nov 6, 2010, 4:56 PM

Post #27 of 39 (56987 views)
Shortcut

D.J., I belong to the Gough Family Association. The Gough line you posted is not entirely correct according to the association.

Here's what I have:

1. William Gough b ca 1610 in England, d ca 1662 in Rappahannock Co, VA. He was the son of Willyam Goffe and Elizabeth Web. He married Martha Baxter b ca 1627 d ca 1670 in VA. She is thought to be the daughter of Roger Baxter and Joane.

2. Thomas Gough b ca 1656 in Rappahannock Co., VA d ca 1726 in King George Co., VA. He married Margaret, last name unknown.

3. Thomas Gough b ca 1690 in VA; d ca 1783 in Stafford Co., VA. He married Sarah, last name unknown. Note: I have seen a lot of posts that show Sarah's last name as Arnold. That is not correct. Your William who married Lucy Byrum is their daughter.

4. Francis Gough b ca 1740 in Stafford Co., VA. He married Verlinda Peck b ca 1742, d ca 1820. She was the daughter of Robert Peck and Verlinda Wright.

5. (my ancestor) Jesse Gough b ca 1776 in VA. died in Hamilton Co., IN. He married Elizabeth Hensley in 1799 in Fauquier Co., VA. She was born ca 1779 in Stafford Co., VA.

Note: I have several wills, deeds, etc. that show a connection of Jesse Gough to Francis Gough. Jesse and Elizabeth had a daughter named Verlinda and the name has come down the line.

Verlinda Wright b ca 1707 in Westmoreland Co, VA was the daughter of John Wright and unknown. Note: A lot of posts show John Wright's wife as Dorothy Aubrey. That is not correct.

Here's where my line gets dicy. I have been told that John Wright's wife was unknown Williams, daughter of RICE WILLIAMS and Hannah or Mary. I believe Rice William's 2nd wife was Mary French. So, perhaps my ancestor was the first wife Hannah.

Verlinda Peck/Peak b ca 1742 d ca 1820 was the daughter of Robert Peck and Verlinda Wright. Robert Peck b ca 1710 d ca 1771 in King George Co., VA was the son of William Peck and Hannah, last name unknown. William Peck was the son of Robert Peck and Margaret, last name unknown. Robert Peck was the son of John Peck and Jane, last name unknown.

One thing that stands out is all of the unknown surnames for the women in the lines.
Arroyah

Arroyah
User

Nov 6, 2010, 5:52 PM

Post #28 of 39 (56984 views)
Shortcut

D.J. I just looked at the attachment on your Harris/Williams line. I do not have a Harris line (that I know of) but I have found, so far, 2 Williams lines. One is the Rice Williams line that connects to my Wright and Gough lines. Here's the other one which also ties in with yours. I'll just start with Elizabeth Edwards instead of going through the whole line from myself.

I have an Elizabeth Edwards born 1734 in Maryland. Her parents were Joseph Edwards b ca 1711 in Wales and Sarah Suite b ca 1715 in Maryland.
Sarah Suite's parents were Thomas Suite and Christian Dent. Thomas Suite's parents were Nathaniel Suite and Elizabeth WILLIAMS.

Elizabeth William's parents were Thomas Williams and Jane Smith. Thomas Williams parents were John Williams and Anne Moore. John Williams parents were ROGER WILLIAMS and Joane Frith (page 10) or Dudley. Roger Williams parents were Sydrach (Shadrach?)Williams and Anne Tiler-Pinner.

Looking at the "Family History Report"; the names that I have in my ancestry from that report are: John Pleasants, Chastain, Lewellyn, Edwards, Jennings, Moore, Stewart, (a strange Caldwell connection that I don't understand), Ford, Jackson, Jones, Smith, Thompson, Turner, Wright, Washington. I can give you my lines on these names if you are interested.

Here's something I'm particularly interested in: you have, on page 6, a Bridgman Joiner Sr. In my "Native American mtDNA report", there are names from Mitosearch who match my Hypervariables exactly. One of them is a Mary Joiner. There is no other information about her other than her name. I have contacted the person who has Mary Joiner in her ancestry and have given her what I know from my mother's ancestry and I guess she/he didn't see any connection because I haven't heard from them.

Since our ancestors seem to have come from many of the same places in VA, I wonder if Mary is part of the Bridgman Joiner family? I don't see any way to find out but it is interesting.
Arroyah

Arroyah
User

Nov 6, 2010, 6:07 PM

Post #29 of 39 (56982 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kinikiah] Another newby, my ancestry [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Kinikiah,

Ok, I think I have my act together this morning. When you said you were new to all of this, I assumed you meant new to DNA testing, not genealogy. That was my mistake. If you need help in learning how to make a lineage chart, I will be happy to help you.

I know that the PAF's that D.J. was talking about are free but they can be tricky to use for a beginner. I suggest you first use a regular paper chart and later put it into a computer program like PAF. You can google "free lineage charts" and find them easily. Print several of them and use a pencil when filling them out in case you make mistakes, which you will. If one paper gets too messed up, then start over with a new one. Most of the lineage charts are for 5 or 6 generations which is all you need to start with and it will not be so overwhelming for you.

Start with yourself, then your parents, grandparents etc. Once you have the first chart filled out and know it is correct, then go from there. What you will need to prove your lines are things like birth certificates, marriage certificates, death certificates, wills, court records and deeds.

If you don't have a subscription to ancestry.com, you can go to familysearch.org, which is the LDS Library site. You can search your family names free. Also, you can go to Rootsweb.com and see if anyone else has names from your line. Just remember that these things are posted by people who may not have proven these lines and you will have to do that yourself.

Good luck,
Arroyah

DJ Thornton
Enthusiast / Moderator

Nov 7, 2010, 12:58 PM

Post #30 of 39 (56981 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Arroyah] Another newby, my ancestry [In reply to] Can't Post

Here is where I got the info, It says that Francis might be son of William and Lucy, So You have his is William Brother not his son is that correct ?I see where I missed one generation off. I will correct soon the above post now that you looked at it, so I won't pass on my mistakes. Thanks for getting that straight for me
NOTE Virginia Marriages to 1800 gives: Byram, Lucy m. Gough, William on 2 CONC 19 Oct 1743 in Stafford Co., VA.
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~janicekmc/gough2.htm

Descendants of William Gough
Compiled by Janice Mauldin Castleman 1998
Finding out who our ancestors were is like getting a fresh bouquet of flowers each day

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Generation No. 1
1. WILLIAM1 GOUGH was born Abt. 1720, and died Bef. November 12, 1762 in Stafford Co., VA. He married LUCY BYRAM October 19, 1743 in Overwharton Parish, Stafford, VA.

Notes for WILLIAM GOUGH
First, I would like to thank all the nice people who have helped me with these GOUGH lines, such as Al Goff, and especially Steve Lawrence, who shared his family information and research notes with me. Sources are named throughout these files, where known.
William and Lucy are listed here for research purposes only...not proven, as no personal research as been done on them yet. Lucy's name could be spelled Byran. Many "theories" abound regarding the ancestry of this line. There was a William GOUGH recorded in VA as early as 1705. On the VA Vital Records CD from Broderbund, in the section of King William County, William Gough was a witness to a deed of gift from Thomas Ellett to his "beloved son-in-law" John White and his wife Mary. J. Daniel Mahar, e-mail mahard@jps.net, posted to GenForum (see link below) that he believed the William Gough found in Middlesex is a son of William and Alice THACKER GOUGH (William and Alice married 21 April 1689). He also wrote that he believes this William Gough is the son of John Gouch. William served in the House of Burgess for King & Queen County and his death is mentioned in meeting minutes. "His widow Alice Gough appears in the early 18th century tax lists of King & Queen county. It is clear from Thacker records that they had at least one son John. I suspect that Ralph Gough of Spotsylvania Co., VA who took up large grants with his Hickman cousin was another son. Ralph was probably named after Ralph Wormley, Alice's wealthy uncle. It is believed that William Gough who is found in Middlesex is another son. I have yet to find anyone claiming this line as ancestor for the name Gough or Gooch. I have also not been able to trace this family after these few early 18th century records. The Thackers are quite well documented in Middlesex records." Of interest is the fact that Ralph Shelton, Jr., b. 23 Oct 1709 in Middlesex Co., VA., had a grandson, Abednigo Shelton, who married Nancy Ann GOUGH in Logan Co., KY 18 May 1801. This places the SHELTON and GOUGH families in Middlesex in the very early 1700s. William and Alice also had a daughter, Martha, who married John WHITAKER. The WHITAKER named is one found in that area of Kentucky where my GOUGH/SHELTON families lived in the early 1800s.
WFT Vol. 19 #70 has this family entered, but no source notes are supplied. William GOUGH in this tree is shown as the son of THOMAS GOUGH, b. 1740 (possibly Stafford Co., VA), and SARAH UNKNOWN. But the dates do not appear to be correct here. The children listed: Francis m. Verlinda PECK; William m. Lucy BYRAM; Sarah m. William BYRAM; Anne m. William BAYLISS; and Glady. This Thomas GOUGH also married Hannah UNKNOWN c. 1770 and had two more children: James b. 06 Mar 1770 m. Catherine A. HUTSON and John (NFI). The line of Thomas is shown further as son of Thomas GOFF b. 1656 d. 1726 and Margaret UNKNOWN; grandson of William GOFFE b. 1605 England d. 1662 New Kent Co. or King & Queen Co., VA and Martha BAXTER; great grandson of Willyam GOFF who died 1627 Dedham, England. None of this has been personally researched by me and entered here for further review and observations from others. This tree, #70, does list the children as I have presented them, but claims that the son of William and Lucy (BYRAM) called William was born 17 Feb 1755 and married Jemima UNKNOWN, showing one child, Peggy GOFF b. 25 Sept 1757.
Also the possibility that a Joshua Gough was the father of William Gough needs to be considered. Joshua Gough would be born c1695. Two other children may have been Thomas Gough and Sarah Gough. There was a Joshua, William and a Thomas Gough on the Personal Property Tax List for 1787 Fauquier Co., VA records. Much research needs to be completed on this line, but I hope those of you who are descendants from this line will contribute your family data to this tree when possible.
Gene GOUGH has a wonderful webpage (click here to visit it), but there are still problems with the dates, if my William GOUGH is really the child of William GOUGH and Lucy BYRAM, and grandchild of Thomas GOUGH. Not too long ago, I was sent Bible records for my GOUGH family from Jim & Gail GOUGH which confirm the birthdate of March 19, 1764 for William GOUGH who m. Rhoda SHELTON. Gene has a birth record of 17 FEB 1755 in Overwharton Parrish,Stafford Co,VA for William, the son of William & Lucy Byram GOUGH, making it impossible for him to have a child in 1764. Still Gene has a lot of information on his pages, and you should visit when you get a chance. Jim & Gail GOUGH also sent an old genealogy written by Judge Lysius Gough (son of Asher Shelton GOUGH) which gives a different slant on these people. More on this data will be entered soon. However, a few notes here (which need to be verified): Judge Gough wrote that his immigrant ancestor was Thomas GOUGH, who came to America sometime in the 1700s with three sons: Thomas, Jesse, and William. Apparently, there is a connection with early Maryland GOUGH/GOFF families, according to this old letter written by Judge Gough. Also see an interesting post to GenForum by Joseph W. Gough dated April 20, 2001 by clicking here. This message refers to a date of March 26, 1677 where one William Gough was granted 500 acres of land in Calvert Co. Md.
I will attempt to add more notes to this tree as soon as possible, so please bookmark us, and come back again.

Children (not in birth order) of WILLIAM GOUGH and LUCY BYRAM are:
2. i. WILLIAM ROBERT2 GOUGH , SR., b. Abt. 1746.
3. ii. JOSHUA GOUGH, b. March 31, 1744; d. 1820, Monongalia Co., VA(WV).
iii. SARAH GOUGH, b. May 14, 1749.
iv. NANNY GOUGH, b. January 29, 1751/52.
v. FRANCIS GOUGH, b. c1745, m. Verlinda PECK.
NOTES for Francis GOUGH: Although not a confirmed son, it is possible this was a child in this family. Al Goff wrote: "Here's what I have: Personal property tax list, 1787, Fauquier Co VA: Joshua, William & Thomas Gough [Joshua charged w/tax] and Francis Goff. Also, Elizabeth Goff, dau of Francis, 1785 m. Arthur Harriss, Gladah Gough, dau of ?Frank(Francis) and Linney, 1785 m. Henry Bramblett. Wm Gough 1789 bondsman for m. of Benj Taylor & Catherine Weaver...." So, the age of the female children should be in the 1760's for the marriages to take place in the 1780s. Al also wrote: "Stafford Co., VA tithables 1768-1773, 200 ac, Thomas Gough. Also, Glady E Gough b. 1743 to Thomas & Sarah; Wm Gough 1743 m. Liny Byran; Joshua Gough 1744 b. to Wra & Lucy Gough; Sarah Gough 1747 m. Wm Bryan; Sarah Gough 1749 b. to Wm Gough; Wm Gough 1755 b. to Wrn Gough; and Ann Gough 1757 b. to Wrn Baylis". A descendant of the line of Francis GOUGH, Lawrence E. Brown, sent this interesting E-mail: "My mothers maiden name was Gough, her father was Carric Edward Gough born 1882 in MO. Carric Edward Gough father was John Thomas Gough born 1860 in MO. John Thomas Gough father was Charles L. Gough born abt 1825 in MO. Charles L. Gough father was William Gough born abt 1802 in Butler (Co) Ohio. William Gough's father was Bailey Gough born abt 1779 in Fauquier, Co. VA. Bailey Gough father was Francis Gough born in VA. I think your Gough line was William Gough a brother to Bailey Gough. I enjoyed reading your links. Oh yes my mothers' name was Jessie Goldie Gough. I did notice that the Goughs seem to name their children after their ancestors."
Finding out who our ancestors were is like getting a fresh bouquet of flowers each day

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Generation No. 1
1. WILLIAM1 GOUGH was born Abt. 1720, and died Bef. November 12, 1762 in Stafford Co., VA. He married LUCY BYRAM October 19, 1743 in Overwharton Parish, Stafford, VA.

Notes for WILLIAM GOUGH
First, I would like to thank all the nice people who have helped me with these GOUGH lines, such as Al Goff, and especially Steve Lawrence, who shared his family information and research notes with me. Sources are named throughout these files, where known.
William and Lucy are listed here for research purposes only...not proven, as no personal research as been done on them yet. Lucy's name could be spelled Byran. Many "theories" abound regarding the ancestry of this line. There was a William GOUGH recorded in VA as early as 1705. On the VA Vital Records CD from Broderbund, in the section of King William County, William Gough was a witness to a deed of gift from Thomas Ellett to his "beloved son-in-law" John White and his wife Mary. J. Daniel Mahar, e-mail mahard@jps.net, posted to GenForum (see link below) that he believed the William Gough found in Middlesex is a son of William and Alice THACKER GOUGH (William and Alice married 21 April 1689). He also wrote that he believes this William Gough is the son of John Gouch. William served in the House of Burgess for King & Queen County and his death is mentioned in meeting minutes. "His widow Alice Gough appears in the early 18th century tax lists of King & Queen county. It is clear from Thacker records that they had at least one son John. I suspect that Ralph Gough of Spotsylvania Co., VA who took up large grants with his Hickman cousin was another son. Ralph was probably named after Ralph Wormley, Alice's wealthy uncle. It is believed that William Gough who is found in Middlesex is another son. I have yet to find anyone claiming this line as ancestor for the name Gough or Gooch. I have also not been able to trace this family after these few early 18th century records. The Thackers are quite well documented in Middlesex records." Of interest is the fact that Ralph Shelton, Jr., b. 23 Oct 1709 in Middlesex Co., VA., had a grandson, Abednigo Shelton, who married Nancy Ann GOUGH in Logan Co., KY 18 May 1801. This places the SHELTON and GOUGH families in Middlesex in the very early 1700s. William and Alice also had a daughter, Martha, who married John WHITAKER. The WHITAKER named is one found in that area of Kentucky where my GOUGH/SHELTON families lived in the early 1800s.
WFT Vol. 19 #70 has this family entered, but no source notes are supplied. William GOUGH in this tree is shown as the son of THOMAS GOUGH, b. 1740 (possibly Stafford Co., VA), and SARAH UNKNOWN. But the dates do not appear to be correct here. The children listed: Francis m. Verlinda PECK; William m. Lucy BYRAM; Sarah m. William BYRAM; Anne m. William BAYLISS; and Glady. This Thomas GOUGH also married Hannah UNKNOWN c. 1770 and had two more children: James b. 06 Mar 1770 m. Catherine A. HUTSON and John (NFI). The line of Thomas is shown further as son of Thomas GOFF b. 1656 d. 1726 and Margaret UNKNOWN; grandson of William GOFFE b. 1605 England d. 1662 New Kent Co. or King & Queen Co., VA and Martha BAXTER; great grandson of Willyam GOFF who died 1627 Dedham, England. None of this has been personally researched by me and entered here for further review and observations from others. This tree, #70, does list the children as I have presented them, but claims that the son of William and Lucy (BYRAM) called William was born 17 Feb 1755 and married Jemima UNKNOWN, showing one child, Peggy GOFF b. 25 Sept 1757.
Also the possibility that a Joshua Gough was the father of William Gough needs to be considered. Joshua Gough would be born c1695. Two other children may have been Thomas Gough and Sarah Gough. There was a Joshua, William and a Thomas Gough on the Personal Property Tax List for 1787 Fauquier Co., VA records. Much research needs to be completed on this line, but I hope those of you who are descendants from this line will contribute your family data to this tree when possible.
Gene GOUGH has a wonderful webpage (click here to visit it), but there are still problems with the dates, if my William GOUGH is really the child of William GOUGH and Lucy BYRAM, and grandchild of Thomas GOUGH. Not too long ago, I was sent Bible records for my GOUGH family from Jim & Gail GOUGH which confirm the birthdate of March 19, 1764 for William GOUGH who m. Rhoda SHELTON. Gene has a birth record of 17 FEB 1755 in Overwharton Parrish,Stafford Co,VA for William, the son of William & Lucy Byram GOUGH, making it impossible for him to have a child in 1764. Still Gene has a lot of information on his pages, and you should visit when you get a chance. Jim & Gail GOUGH also sent an old genealogy written by Judge Lysius Gough (son of Asher Shelton GOUGH) which gives a different slant on these people. More on this data will be entered soon. However, a few notes here (which need to be verified): Judge Gough wrote that his immigrant ancestor was Thomas GOUGH, who came to America sometime in the 1700s with three sons: Thomas, Jesse, and William. Apparently, there is a connection with early Maryland GOUGH/GOFF families, according to this old letter written by Judge Gough. Also see an interesting post to GenForum by Joseph W. Gough dated April 20, 2001 by clicking here. This message refers to a date of March 26, 1677 where one William Gough was granted 500 acres of land in Calvert Co. Md.
I will attempt to add more notes to this tree as soon as possible, so please bookmark us, and come back again.

NOTES for Francis GOUGH: Although not a confirmed son, it is possible this was a child in this family. Al Goff wrote: "Here's what I have: Personal property tax list, 1787, Fauquier Co VA: Joshua, William & Thomas Gough [Joshua charged w/tax] and Francis Goff. Also, Elizabeth Goff, dau of Francis, 1785 m. Arthur Harriss, Gladah Gough, dau of ?Frank(Francis) and Linney, 1785 m. Henry Bramblett. Wm Gough 1789 bondsman for m. of Benj Taylor & Catherine Weaver...." So, the age of the female children should be in the 1760's for the marriages to take place in the 1780s. Al also wrote: "Stafford Co., VA tithables 1768-1773, 200 ac, Thomas Gough. Also, Glady E Gough b. 1743 to Thomas & Sarah; Wm Gough 1743 m. Liny Byran; Joshua Gough 1744 b. to Wra & Lucy Gough; Sarah Gough 1747 m. Wm Bryan; Sarah Gough 1749 b. to Wm Gough; Wm Gough 1755 b. to Wrn Gough; and Ann Gough 1757 b. to Wrn Baylis". A descendant of the line of Francis GOUGH, Lawrence E. Brown, sent this interesting E-mail: "My mothers maiden name was Gough, her father was Carric Edward Gough born 1882 in MO. Carric Edward Gough father was John Thomas Gough born 1860 in MO. John Thomas Gough father was Charles L. Gough born abt 1825 in MO. Charles L. Gough father was William Gough born abt 1802 in Butler (Co) Ohio. William Gough's father was Bailey Gough born abt 1779 in Fauquier, Co. VA. Bailey Gough father was Francis Gough born in VA. I think your Gough line was William Gough a brother to Bailey Gough. I enjoyed reading your links. Oh yes my mothers' name was Jessie Goldie Gough. I did notice that the Goughs seem to name their children after their ancestors."

Generation No. 1

Notes for WILLIAM GOUGH

DJ Thornton
Enthusiast / Moderator

Nov 7, 2010, 1:24 PM

Post #31 of 39 (56980 views)
Shortcut

I have Jones with Thomas Jones Chowan Precinct dau Margaret Jones m Thomas Bonner Chowan.
I think this works out to the Thomas Jones 1624 Jamestown and Margtett, Henry Jones 1620, William Jones and Dorothy 1640, John Jones Sr and Elizabeth,
I am missing a generation but need to Connect Thomas Jones abt 1720 NC wills Dau Margaret A 1747 m Thomas Bonner 6 May 1767 Chowan, license signed Thomas Jones
Then They migrated to Darling, SC, to Oconee Ga, then son Jordan Bonner b1767 m Mary Polly Adams as 3w in GA to Washington County, MS Territory by abt 1795
The Bonners, Jenkins, Turner, Carney connections. Turners are from GA by 1850 William Henry Turner b 1831 GA no info on his parents. Tradition though Turners are Native American. There is a William Turner Rev War GA in regiment with WIlliam Strothers , Strothers are in the Indian Trade in Mobile late 1700's.
So missing a few links I need to the VA Turners, Jones but that is the direction I need to go. Bonners have a DNA Project, Turners have one but no one that I know of so far has tested in that. Carney may go back to MD not sure, need more DNA Tests on other lines but the Al, MS, TN Carneys DNA Test related.
Thanks for your help on all this. I have some of your surnames in other families connected, seems we have several lines that we relate on
dj

Arroyah
User

Nov 7, 2010, 3:26 PM

Post #32 of 39 (56978 views)
Shortcut

My Turners go back to Charles City, VA in the 1600's and it dead-ends. I do have information on the Strothers though. Early on they were in Stafford Co., VA and were part of a number of families there who had married into the Potomic Tribe.

My Jones line also goes back to the 1600's in Maryland and is one of the families who married into the Tribe. I have an Evan Jones b ca 1660 who married Ann Matthews. Their daughter, Mary Jones married Bryant Foley, descendent of Chief Wahanganoche.

Jenkins is also a name I have very early connected to my Barbee's.

In the mid to late 1700's we see these families moving out of VA into Kentucky, Georgia, Alabama.
Arroyah

Arroyah
User

Nov 7, 2010, 3:39 PM

Post #33 of 39 (56976 views)
Shortcut

Bailey Gough, son of Francis Gough married Dully Hensley. Dully was either a sister or cousin of my Elizabeth Hensley who married Jesse Gough, Bailey's brother.
Arroyah

DJ Thornton
Enthusiast / Moderator

Nov 11, 2010, 8:25 AM

Post #34 of 39 (56945 views)
Shortcut

Interesting, Probably a few more lines we are cousins on. When I get you all in my database I will let you know how we relate . This lines of mine were in Alabama by 1795 before the lands were given up by Indians and where perhaps in those areas before then after the Rev War.
The Bonner, Jones would have been massacred at Ft. Mims in 1813 except they were warned the day before Jordan Bonner was trading with the Creek in Carrollton, GA his Kinsman had land on a gold mine. nearby was Chief McIntoshes Tavern on the Chattahoochee River.
There is evidence Jordan was back and forth to Ga as he married each of his Wives in GA the st was Mary Martin, 2nd Rachael Moon (Native American) 3 Mary Polly Adams
Then he settled in Washington, County, AL on the Tombigbee River. and appears in earliest Census there on
Will check more of my Jones info for you
My Jenkins probably goes to John Jenkins Gov of NC

PattiDi
New User

Apr 7, 2011, 6:10 PM

Post #35 of 39 (53417 views)
Shortcut

Hello, this is for DJ Thornton - just wanted to say that I, too descend from Jordan Bonner (with Mary Polly Adams). I had never heard the story about his family and the Ft. Mims massacre! Fascinating!

And my apologies for "horning in" on this thread. I've enjoyed reading Arroyah's entries as well!

Patti Di Loreto

WhoamI
Novice

Jun 12, 2011, 1:10 AM

Post #36 of 39 (52574 views)
Shortcut

I'm new here too...I received my test results in April...taken me some time to get over my initial shock...not what I was expecting! I guess I'll post my results here and follow-up later:

My results:
D8S1179: 14, 13
D21S11: 29, 30
D7S820: 11, 12
CSFIPO: 10, 11
D3S1358: 15, 16
THO1: 10, 6
D13S317: 10, 11
D16S539: 11, 12
D2S1338: 24, 23
D19S433: 13, 15.2
VWA: 16, 18
TPOX: 8, 12
D18S51: 13, 16
D5S818: 11, 11
FGA: 22, 24

World Population Matches (Top 20)
1 Native American-Arizona-Navajo (n = 93)
2 Native American-Alaskan Athabaskan (n = 101)
3 Native American-Alaskan Yupik (n = 100)
4 Native American-Arizona-Apache (n = 99)
5 Native American-Choles-Chiapas, Mexico (n = 109)
6 Native American-Alaskan Inupiat (n = 109)
7 Native American-Saskatchewan (n = 40)
8 Korean-Western U.S. (n = 63)
9 Native American-Saskatchewan (n = 105)
10 Hispanic-Southwestern U.S. (n = 105)
11 Chinese-Beijing (n = 198)
12 Chinese Hui-Ningxia (n = 100)
13 Japanese (n = 594)
14 Chinese Han-Shaanxi (n = 203)
15 Tibet-Luoba (n = 93)
16 Japanese-Eastern U.S. (n = 79)
17 Chinese Han-Jilin (n = 200)
18 Chinese-Chengdu Han (n = 101)
19 Chinese-Beijing-Han (n = 201)
20 Chinese Han-Northern (n = 2, 211)

Remainder of matches: Native American, Asian, Hispanic and Central and South American

Rank in Europe
I Germany
II Italy
III Switzerland
IV Estonia
V Portugal
VI France/Lille
VII Slovenia
VIII Austria
IX Netherlands
X England/Wales
XI France/Toulouse
XII Czech Republic
XIII Norway
XIV Poland
XV Spain
XVI Full Database
XVII Ireland
XVIII Finland
XIX Denmark
XX Sweden

Analysis/Conclusion
German, Italian, Swiss, Spanish/Portuguese, French, South Slavic, Austrian, Dutch and English/Welsh (I-XI, 10, 21, 23, 24, 27, 30-33) with American Indian (1-7, 9, 22, 25, markers, map) admixture. There is also probably Jewish (markers).

18 Marker Ethnic Panel
Native American I: 1 parent
Native American II: 1 parent
European I: 1 parent
European II: 2 parents
Eastern European I: 1 parent
Eastern European II: 1 parent
Jewish I: 1 parent
Jewish III: 1 parent
Asian II: False positive 1 check
Finnic/Uralic: False pos. 1 check
Full European Database Index: 2.74E + 12

DJ Thornton
Enthusiast / Moderator

Aug 6, 2011, 3:48 PM

Post #37 of 39 (50719 views)
Shortcut
Re: [WhoamI] Another newby, my ancestry [In reply to] Can't Post

I asked you about this in another thread I see you had the 18 marker Ethnic Panel.
I have some similar results with
1 Parent Native American II,
1 parent European I Mediterranean
2 parents European II
1 Parent Askenazi Jewish III 1 Parent.
From What I know of my heritage most of this is probably from my Dad. Though my mom's side also claims some Native American, and Irish, Denmark.
My Dad is Native American, Cherokee, Melungeon, Lots of Scottish Clans. Since we don't know which parent is which. I do know my Dad is J2 Y which is Jewish
Could be more on other side that is not showing up that goes really far back.
You will note that if You have Neative American I is the same as American Indian which could have lived hundreds even thousands of years ago. Native American DNA is so distinctive that this test can detect even small amounts of it. (From the Report)
Some I was reading in the Frozen Trail Power Point. There were some folks that believe the Navajo are directly descended from the Chinese. That might explain the overlap in your population matches.
Some of my European matches are similar to you as well.
What are some of your surnames?

DJ Thornton
Enthusiast / Moderator

Aug 12, 2011, 12:06 PM

Post #38 of 39 (50677 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PattiDi] Another newby, my ancestry [In reply to] Can't Post

Yay! Cousin. Nice to meet you and join in anytime. It is fascinating to learn these family stories. This one was in the Heritage of Choctaw County, Al for the Bonners about Mahala. So, do you know anything about who Mary Polly Adams parents might have been.? I have other Adams lines I am trying to work out as well.
It seems that many of us on the forum end up being related in surprising ways.
DJ

WhoamI
Novice

Aug 25, 2011, 4:43 AM

Post #39 of 39 (49806 views)
Shortcut

Hi DJ!
Thanks for your help. You asked for some of my surnames. My mother's side: Donovan (maiden name), Ditter, Hand, Russell. These are from her immediate family, paternal and maternal. My father's side: Considine (surname), Crehan, Ryander (constructed name after coming to America. My gr.grandfather came from a farm in Sweden called "Rya" + "Anders" (his father's name) : Ry(a)+ ander(s)= "RYANDER". His real surname was Andersson.), Nilsson. These are from my father's immediate family, paternal and maternal. I can provide more names, going farther back if necessary. The questionable ancestry is on my dad's paternal side. As I mentioned in a previous posting, I found my gr. grandparents' marriage certificate (Considine/Crehan). They were married in Chicago, Illinois on June 4, 1891. My grandfather's birthdate on his death certificate, WWI & WWII draft registration cards is September 8, 1891...three months after the marriage...Naturally, I haven't been able to locate my grandfather's birth certificate...I don't know what to think. Just strange that eight out of ten of my top ten world matches are Native American...I would appreciate any help you can give me regarding this mystery. Again, I can provide more family names if necessary.
Thanks!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (Advanced) twitter facebook Learn about DNA
From DNAConsultants.com