Welcome to DNA Ancestor Communities! Here you can learn about your own ancestry as well as explore wide-ranging topics such as genetics, genealogy, and world history. We have ten DNA Ancestry forums, including several found nowhere else, such as Melungeon, Romani, and Cherokee. You may read any posts in any forum but to reply or start a new thread you must register. Please click at the top right corner to register or log in.

If you're not sure where to start, register, choose a forum, and jump in. DNA Ancestor Communities is for everyone, from novice to expert. Our experienced moderators will be happy to guide you during your search for answers and information, and of course everyone likes to hear personal stories. Come on in!

Are you related to King Tut?

Moderators: dpyates, jakayj, suelevin1, dnacommunities, teresapy

suelevin1

Are you related to King Tut?

Postby suelevin1 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:24 pm

If you have ancestry in the Middle East or southern Europe, you might be! King Tut's father, Akhenaten, has passed down a rare gene that is still identifiable today. (King Tut did, too, but his is not as widespread- he only lived to be 19 years old.) Naturally, it is most common in today's Copts, descendants of ancient Egyptians.

teresapy

Re: Are you related to King Tut?

Postby teresapy » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:37 pm

Hi, This is is Teresa P. Yates. Yes, I am! I did not get a marker for King Tut, but I got one for Akhenatan. I also got other Egyptian markers: 2 for Thuya, and two for Egyptian. Long ago, when we started this company, I was one of the first. When Don ( Dr. Yates) ran my profile, Egyptian was first. I thought this was bizarre.Then I discovered I had Melungeon ( #10 in my top 50 world markers in the DNA Plus) and that Melungeons have a lot of Middle Eastern. I went and visited my Aunt Elzina in TN who said that before my Rameys were in France, they were in Egypt! She brought out a a long family tree. Later, I found a second cousin who had a strange letter that is written in Egyptian Coptic code by a great uncle of mine. I walk like an Egyptian lol. Who else got an Egyptian marker? TeresaY

tylerj89

Postby tylerj89 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:02 am

That's really interesting, I started to take a class on the egyptian religion practiced today by modern pagans its called Kemetic Orthodox. I believe a woman obtained a masters or PhD in egyptology and learned alot about egyptian way of life and started the modern pagan religion of Kemeticism. I didnt finish the class but may try again in the future. if your interested they work through a mailing list by email and have you read and take exams through email and become a certain position in the church i forget its beens ince the summer since i was researching it. but they have different ranks.

www.kemet.org is the site i believe you can read more about it if your interested! enjoy :)

ymidualc

Postby ymidualc » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:30 pm

Hi,this is Claudimy.I have three egyptians markers,Thuya,Akhenaten and King Tut.

jakayj

Postby jakayj » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:53 pm

In a round-about way: I've got a Thuya marker, which I understand is from King Tut's great-grandmother. I've also got First Peoples, Empire and Yellow Emperor markers. Apparently, my ancestors traveled the world a bit. I look forward to finding out more with other tests and research.

Jakay

Shari

Postby Shari » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:56 pm

Doesn't look like I'm related to King Tut, but I have Scythian, First Peoples, Khoisan, two Sinti checks, Rain Goddess and Yellow Emperor. Looks like my ancestors traveled the world a bit, too...

suelevin1

Postby suelevin1 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:35 pm

I don't know but would love to find out!

gregmaeser

Postby gregmaeser » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:53 am

I've Akhenaten, Thuya, Egyptian, Khoison, Sinti and Aztlan.

I have no idea how the Aztlan would be in there.

gregmaeser

Postby gregmaeser » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:33 pm

Since my rare genes include Akhenaten, Thuya and Egyptian I found this interesting.

http://www.egyptorigins.org/ginger.htm

Apparently they are finding that a fair number of Egyptians actually had light colored hair.

Return to “Rare Genes from History”