Welcome to DNA Ancestor Communities! Here you can learn about your own ancestry as well as explore wide-ranging topics such as genetics, genealogy, and world history. We have ten DNA Ancestry forums, including several found nowhere else, such as Melungeon, Romani, and Cherokee. You may read any posts in any forum but to reply or start a new thread you must register. Please click at the top right corner to register or log in.

If you're not sure where to start, register, choose a forum, and jump in. DNA Ancestor Communities is for everyone, from novice to expert. Our experienced moderators will be happy to guide you during your search for answers and information, and of course everyone likes to hear personal stories. Come on in!

I got eight rare genes.

Moderators: dpyates, jakayj, suelevin1, dnacommunities, teresapy

CGraham

I got eight rare genes.

Postby CGraham » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:41 pm

I got eight rare genes. Just seeing who else has a similar results.
Scythian ✓
Thuya ✓
Akhenaten ✓
Egyptian ✓
Sinti ✓✓✓
Yellow Emperor ✓

Raven

Re: I got eight rare genes.

Postby Raven » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:28 pm

I received the following rare genes:

Lake Baikal- one parent
Dream time- both parents
Europa- one parent
Amerind- one parent
Egyptian- one parent

Anyone else get the Lake Baikal gene? If so, do you have Native American ancestry or Asian ancestry? I'm not sure which of these ancestries this could be coming from.

jakayj

Re: I got eight rare genes.

Postby jakayj » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:30 pm

Good afternoon, Raven,

If you go to DNA Consultants website and look up the Lake Baikal gene, https://dnaconsultants.com/lake-baikal-gene/ , it will tell you that it's prominent in Mongolian and Native American populations among others.

Hope this helps,
Jakay

Return to “Rare Genes from History”