Welcome to DNA Ancestor Communities! Here you can learn about your own ancestry as well as explore wide-ranging topics such as genetics, genealogy, and world history. We have ten DNA Ancestry forums, including several found nowhere else, such as Melungeon, Romani, and Cherokee. You may read any posts in any forum but to reply or start a new thread you must register. Please click at the top right corner to register or log in.

If you're not sure where to start, register, choose a forum, and jump in. DNA Ancestor Communities is for everyone, from novice to expert. Our experienced moderators will be happy to guide you during your search for answers and information, and of course everyone likes to hear personal stories. Come on in!

Thuya

Moderators: dpyates, jakayj, suelevin1, dnacommunities, teresapy

christopherswink8

Thuya

Postby christopherswink8 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:45 pm

An article from July 9, 2019.

The reopening of Thuya’s sarcophagus.

Asiatic Hebrew Phoenician features? Maybe. But definitely reddish blond hair.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.expres ... es-spt/amp

emmdee2

Re: Thuya

Postby emmdee2 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:21 am

I think the hair could be bleached from the mummification. Though it is thick and wavy might be more middle eastern? ... but very cool. I did see there are some people using Dr. Yates information on the argument of King Tut and family being pure African, don't think they understand the rare gene might have Central African origin does not equate to race necessarily.

christopherswink8

Postby christopherswink8 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:31 pm

I have read also where the color of her and Yuyas hair was due to the mummification process. I am not a scientist. But seeing how hair and finger/ toe nails are virtually “dead” skin cells would make one believe that the skin of Thuya and Yuya would have been “bleached in the mummification process also. Just my opinion though. Some people speculate that red hair originated in Africa as well. If in fact everyone originated in Africa I don't necessarily agree that all of the “races” of today were all of a negroid type. I think it could be possible that millions of years ago 7 or more types of humans were roaming the region or globe if you believe in Pangea.

christopherswink8

Postby christopherswink8 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:38 pm

I have a picture of my younger brother I am looking for at the moment. It is quite shocking to see after learning what I have learned of my genetic profile. I will post here once I find it.

emmdee2

Postby emmdee2 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:57 pm

I am watching a documentary, appears to have been originally in French or just because the archeologist was French a lot of voiceover translation. On Curiosity Stream called "The True Story of King Tut's Tomb." Showing some of the background of what was occurring and how it appears that some of the artifacts were originally made for his older sister who married their father after the death of their mother. Gold leaf symbols for Tut over what had been his sister's markings. Maybe they were on the downhill of power to the extent they were recycling or it was to erase the sister from history. Not all the way through but interesting.

Return to “Rare Genes from History”