Welcome to DNA Ancestor Communities! Here you can learn about your own ancestry as well as explore wide-ranging topics such as genetics, genealogy, and world history. We have ten DNA Ancestry forums, including several found nowhere else, such as Melungeon, Romani, and Cherokee. You may read any posts in any forum but to reply or start a new thread you must register. Please click at the top right corner to register or log in.

If you're not sure where to start, register, choose a forum, and jump in. DNA Ancestor Communities is for everyone, from novice to expert. Our experienced moderators will be happy to guide you during your search for answers and information, and of course everyone likes to hear personal stories. Come on in!

Rare Gene- ABCCll

Moderators: dpyates, jakayj, suelevin1, dnacommunities, teresapy

Raven

Rare Gene- ABCCll

Postby Raven » Sun May 24, 2020 11:44 pm

I received the Lake Baikal Gene and was wondering if it indicates the mutation on the ABCC11 Gene that’s responsible for no body odor and dry earwax? I consider myself predominantly European but I rarely sweat and noticed after stopping wearing deodorant due to an allergic reaction that I don’t actually need it as I don’t have an odor. Apparently the mutation is most common in East Asian populations and very rare in European or African populations. I also have extremely dry earwax.
https://www.discovermagazine.com/planet ... and-earwax

emmdee2

Re: Rare Gene- ABCCll

Postby emmdee2 » Fri May 29, 2020 2:07 am

If you have 23andme they show your result for earwax on their traits, though they say I should have wet with a CC on the gene... I think it has to be more than one gene or SNP in the gene? I don't really have the heavy wet earwax, was told I had the cleanest ears a doctor ever saw and asked if I was a swimmer. ...I do sweat except palms of my hands dry.

I don't have Lake Baikal Gene but I do have the AmerInd and Yellow Emperor Rare Genes.

Raven

Re: Rare Gene- ABCCll

Postby Raven » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:08 pm

I did hear about 23andme testing for that. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem as if they have sales anymore. I received the Amerind gene from my mother ( she took the Rare Genes test also) and the Lake Baikal gene is therefore coming from my father. I also have an Asian lll marker from my father, which seems to be from southeast Asia. What's interesting is I was also born with the Mongolian spot on my back but I know that other populations can have that as a well. I was shocked to find that I have the Lake Baikal gene and my number 2 match on my fingerprint test is Indo-Mongoloid Naga.

Return to “Rare Genes from History”