Welcome to DNA Ancestor Communities! Here you can learn about your own ancestry as well as explore wide-ranging topics such as genetics, genealogy, and world history. We have ten DNA Ancestry forums, including several found nowhere else, such as Melungeon, Romani, and Cherokee. You may read any posts in any forum but to reply or start a new thread you must register. Please click at the top right corner to register or log in.

If you're not sure where to start, register, choose a forum, and jump in. DNA Ancestor Communities is for everyone, from novice to expert. Our experienced moderators will be happy to guide you during your search for answers and information, and of course everyone likes to hear personal stories. Come on in!

Haplogroup H

Moderators: dpyates, jakayj, suelevin1, dnacommunities, teresapy

D J Thornton

Re: Haplogroup H

Postby D J Thornton » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:42 pm

My matches
Last edited by D J Thornton on Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

D J Thornton

Postby D J Thornton » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:49 pm

I looked through mitosearch and found exacct matches none inUSb but found numerous Germany, Netherlands, Denmark.. I was finding any matches in the pre 1700 timeframe. A few one off or so in 1800 in AL. Stewart. But exact matches show earliest Ancestry in area aforementioned. A lot of the hits in the report relate to my H., My Father J, his mother K.
My dad claimed Cherokee. That shows up. The K is Catherine Mozingo to Unknown.possible Indian named Mary,

D J Thornton

Postby D J Thornton » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:36 am

A lot of my interest in testing began at the beginning of the commercial use for genealogy because I wanted to prove American Indian Ancestry. My dad said he wahis Grandfather was full blood Cherokee. Has been confirmed, his Mother was Cajan or Melungeon. Check that too. Her mtdna is K. And I have the next 2 Mazingo Grandmother, A Skinner and an unknown Marry who was Indian or kidnapped by Indians can’t verify. Her dad is adopted so I know nothing on her dads line. The other lines of the grandfather include Grandmother with possible Indian, James, Brooks, . There is A Sykes line could be Jewish. Part I’m stuff at pre 1800 GA, or SC. Barnwell to be exact has a large population of possible Indian and African connections from the Caribbean settlers.
The further east, lines I can get is Scottish Highlanders in NC a Jacobite, clearances from Isle of Skye Scotland l Clan McAlister- MacAlasdair. The Somerlad Ancient DNA I, he was Viking. That’s reflected in the results,
Adams Surname is also Scottish. Clan Chattanooga, Same clan as the McIntosh traders. Who were in GA. Other Scot clans were in here Campbell. McDonald Gordon. Mozingo is Melungeon to Jamestown 1619 E3b or E1b1a7a .

Now on the H. We were always told our material Grandmother was Cherokee. The kids were taunting not to mentally that as she would be sent to a reservation. Even in early 1900. Her Dad was a Turner. That line is brick wall with William b 1838 GA (Trail of tears year.)he came to AL about age 12 with older brothers one who went to Texas. He first shows up in Census around 1860. his son Married into Carney line that seems to be connected to Indian Trade in GA, West Florida, Spanish, MS, TN, La. before and after Rev. war. finding Indians dna in that would take a fingerprint test, the surname is also Melungeon.
Now, my maternal grandmother side her mothers parents claim Cherokee. That surname is Crenshaw. There is. Cornealius Crenellations who was an Intrepretor for the Queen of Pamunkey, Not a direct relationship to me but it’s is thought to be a descendant of RaleigCroshaw, Jamestown. Either Raleigh and or his son Jospeh was married to Rachael West a sister of Pocahontas. Something new I. Pursuing. He also for sure had an Indian son named Crankshaw. The research on this for the post part persists with ending with the Thomas Crenshaw name, though the Indian Research comes thru in some places. I can get her X tree back 7 generations or so to Jamestown with surnames Crenshaw m Winn, Earle, Williams, French Huguenot surnames Gough and Dupree, the Dupree’s can get to French Royals Isabella who married King Edward of England had John Lack. Also married to Hugh Lusighan, then to Rollo, William the C, Charlemagne beck etc. pretty good for anyone not wanting to mention her Heritage or even work on it, In her Turner Line we can get back to Henry Bonner in Chowan Precinct, and Jones possibilities of Thomas Jones Pirate in Jamestown, Captain of Discovery at some point. The Bonner’s were involved in Indian Trade in Ga and escaped the Ft Mims massacre by th Creeks with Warner the day before. The warnings were not heeded by the Ft Command,
Anyway, she’s an H. With some U markers, and a North Africans markers. To read a article regarding DNA Consultants Cherokee Project read the occurrence of H and K here https://dnaconsultants.com/wp-content/u ... erokee.pdf
Stay tuned

Rfranks0829

Postby Rfranks0829 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:07 pm

Dj- You're H haplogroup could be explained by Romanichal bloodline. I came across your surname searching my own Lee/Thornton that would be on your paternal side, Thornton. I was told my Thornton/Lee line is native American (mine are mostly from NC but I have Thornton family in other states mostly in the south). I have DNA matches with documented and DNA tested Romanchial families that I suspect matches this line, they are H haplogroup- H1a, this haplogroup traces to ancestral lines in India and found in the majority of Romanichal families. I'm new to DNA genealogy but have read many articles by an American Romanichal researcher that has found Romanichal roots since colonial times in America. I am trying to track down which line may be matching my Romanichal matches and would like to figure out if our Thornton family is connected (I saw another post about your surname and have many of the same surnames in this line too and my NC line connects also with a lot of native American matches appears Lumbee and Coharie families). I'd love to exchange info, I have a tree on ancestry and also involved in DNA projects. Please email me at rfranks0829@gmail.com

Return to “Europe”