Welcome to DNA Ancestor Communities! Here you can learn about your own ancestry as well as explore wide-ranging topics such as genetics, genealogy, and world history. We have ten DNA Ancestry forums, including several found nowhere else, such as Melungeon, Romani, and Cherokee. You may read any posts in any forum but to reply or start a new thread you must register. Please click at the top right corner to register or log in.

If you're not sure where to start, register, choose a forum, and jump in. DNA Ancestor Communities is for everyone, from novice to expert. Our experienced moderators will be happy to guide you during your search for answers and information, and of course everyone likes to hear personal stories. Come on in!

Check Your DNA Here

A public forum open to those interested in their Romani ancestry, especially as reflected in DNA testing results, moderated by Shari.

Moderators: Shari, dpyates, jakayj, suelevin1, dnacommunities, teresapy

Shari

Check Your DNA Here

Postby Shari » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:56 pm

Do you have Romani DNA?

1) Did hear of this from your family?
2) Did your DNA Consultants’ test show Sub-Saharan II DNA?
3) Was Sinti listed in your DNA Consultants’ test as one of your Rare Genes?
4) Have you discovered Melungeon DNA?
5) Do you have a common Romani surname in your family history?
6) Did older relatives or ancestors read fortunes?
7) Did family members have elaborate ideas of what was clean and unclean?
8) Does anyone in your family play the zither or other Middle Eastern instruments?
9) Have you found more clues about your family’s Romani ethnic ancestry in the the 2010 blog post https://dnatestingsystems.worldsecuresystems.com/_blog/DNA_Consultants_Blog/post/Do_You_Have_Gypsy_Matches/?

Please tell us about your Romani ancestry!

ymidualc

Re: Check Your DNA Here

Postby ymidualc » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:58 pm

Hello,

I am new here.I have the Sinti gene,Sub -Saharan II and Asian II(India).It looks like I have a good chance of Romani descent.right?
I still intend to do the Premium Upgrade.

Shari

Re: Check Your DNA Here

Postby Shari » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:36 pm

Yes, I would think you do have Romani ancestry. I also have Sinti (Rare Genes) and Sub-Saharan II in my test results as well as Asian according to my mother's recent Cherokee test. Your Premium Upgrade should really add to your information.

Return to “Romani”