Welcome to DNA Ancestor Communities! Here you can learn about your own ancestry as well as explore wide-ranging topics such as genetics, genealogy, and world history. We have ten DNA Ancestry forums, including several found nowhere else, such as Melungeon, Romani, and Cherokee. You may read any posts in any forum but to reply or start a new thread you must register. Please click at the top right corner to register or log in.

If you're not sure where to start, register, choose a forum, and jump in. DNA Ancestor Communities is for everyone, from novice to expert. Our experienced moderators will be happy to guide you during your search for answers and information, and of course everyone likes to hear personal stories. Come on in!

Comparing DNA to Anzick Child

Moderators: dpyates, jakayj, suelevin1, dnacommunities, teresapy, D J Thornton

Raven

Comparing DNA to Anzick Child

Postby Raven » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:33 pm

Has anyone tested with other companies as well and uploaded their raw data to Gedmatch? I recently discovered that you can compare your results to the results that are on file with the Anzick child (the Paleo-Indian male whose remains were found in Montana and DNA testing was completed on). I am trying to get my raw data to upload and was wondering if anyone has tried this already and feels that it is worth it? I've heard that the results are confusing to interpret but that the site provides you with matches to other people whose DNA matches the child. Also I received the Lake Baikal Gene and was curious if the gene was discovered as a result of studies on the Anzick child or similar remains.

James

Re: Comparing DNA to Anzick Child

Postby James » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:55 am

I have a few cousins who took a dna test for me and I uploaded their results to gedmatch. The site is not the most user friendly, but you can get some interesting information from it.

Return to “Native American”