Welcome to DNA Ancestor Communities! Here you can learn about your own ancestry as well as explore wide-ranging topics such as genetics, genealogy, and world history. We have ten DNA Ancestry forums, including several found nowhere else, such as Melungeon, Romani, and Cherokee. You may read any posts in any forum but to reply or start a new thread you must register. Please click at the top right corner to register or log in.

If you're not sure where to start, register, choose a forum, and jump in. DNA Ancestor Communities is for everyone, from novice to expert. Our experienced moderators will be happy to guide you during your search for answers and information, and of course everyone likes to hear personal stories. Come on in!

Don’t know how to read my test results...Help pls!

Moderators: dpyates, jakayj, suelevin1, dnacommunities, teresapy, D J Thornton

Ariana11

Don’t know how to read my test results...Help pls!

Postby Ariana11 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:26 am

I took the Native American test and wanted to find out what tribe I would descend from but don’t know how to figure it out?! [quote][/quote]

jakayj

Re: Don’t know how to read my test results...Help pls!

Postby jakayj » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:01 pm

You will find highlighted in red on page 2 of the report under World Population Matches modern-day tribal matches. Also, in the analysis and conclusion section that starts on page 5 you will find a listing in the paragraph that begins "Remember: results do not equal ..." listing of any further tribal connections.

If you want additional help, please call DNA Consultant's office 888-806-2588 toll free Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Mountain Time to talk with someone who can help you interpret your report.

Hope you enjoy the explorations,
Jakay

D J Thornton

Postby D J Thornton » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:51 am

Hi, I found this rent blog
Mary Martin, the grand daughter of Ka-Okee, who was, in turn, the daughter of Pocahontas and Kocoum, the brother of Chief Japasaw. Kocoum was murdered by the Jamestown settlers in 1613 when Pocahontas was kidnapped. Ka-Okee, who was two years old, stayed with the tribe. In 1645, when Ka-Okee was 34 she married Theodore Pettus, they called her Jane. In 1636 they had a female child, Christian Pettus. We don't know the date of Ka-Okee's dea

Interesting DNA match, family.
https://www.pallasweb.com/blog/sullivan ... ontas.html

suelevin1

Postby suelevin1 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:40 pm

Ariana, unfortunately we are not able to give you any more definitive information than what you have. Your Native American matches were all in South America and you should be able to look them up on the internet. If another member of your family were to be tested, it's possible that more information could be gained, since family members inherit different markers from parents.

Sue

Return to “Native American”