Welcome to DNA Ancestor Communities! Here you can learn about your own ancestry as well as explore wide-ranging topics such as genetics, genealogy, and world history. We have ten DNA Ancestry forums, including several found nowhere else, such as Melungeon, Romani, and Cherokee. You may read any posts in any forum but to reply or start a new thread you must register. Please click at the top right corner to register or log in.

If you're not sure where to start, register, choose a forum, and jump in. DNA Ancestor Communities is for everyone, from novice to expert. Our experienced moderators will be happy to guide you during your search for answers and information, and of course everyone likes to hear personal stories. Come on in!

Blessed

Moderators: dpyates, jakayj, suelevin1, dnacommunities, teresapy, D J Thornton

KRogers0527

Blessed

Postby KRogers0527 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:48 am

Good day everyone,

I wanted to give Praise to the good Lord, and to the team at DNA Consulting. I got my results back this week with a prayer answered.

RESULTS:
As can be seen, U.S Cherokee Admixed (n=62) appears as match #11. U.S. Admixed Cherokee (n=92) appears as match #137, and U.S. Cherokee (n=33) appears as N.L. No other Native American appears in your top matches.

Bases on your results, it is thus HIGHLY LIKELY you have significant amounts of Cherokee Ancestry.

I am blessed. And, looking forward to continuing my research. I've been researching for two years off and on.

One note of caution, if you are relying on Ancestry.com testing, its not all together factual. I base this statement on facts wherein i compared their test results with the results of DNA consultants. DNA Consultants is more accurate. Just sharing my experience.

christopherswink8

Re: Blessed

Postby christopherswink8 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:51 am

Happy for you.

I completely agree with your assessment of DNA Consultants as compared to other “mainstream” dna testing companies.

In my Melungeon report I have:

Melungeon (n=40) at number 1

Native American - Lumbee (n=106) at number 3

US Cherokee admixed (n=62) at number 9

Blessings to you in your journey on finding your people.

It has been a long and hard road for me. From stories handed down by certain family members to broken and lost trees. To wondering why I just don't look like the rest of my family.

The trail DNA consultants has provided me is a welcomed one. And I am thankful to the Creator for Dr Donald Yates and his wife for giving everyone in the world a chance at finding their “true” heritage.

Best,
Chris

Return to “Native American”