Welcome to DNA Ancestor Communities! Here you can learn about your own ancestry as well as explore wide-ranging topics such as genetics, genealogy, and world history. We have ten DNA Ancestry forums, including several found nowhere else, such as Melungeon, Romani, and Cherokee. You may read any posts in any forum but to reply or start a new thread you must register. Please click at the top right corner to register or log in.

If you're not sure where to start, register, choose a forum, and jump in. DNA Ancestor Communities is for everyone, from novice to expert. Our experienced moderators will be happy to guide you during your search for answers and information, and of course everyone likes to hear personal stories. Come on in!

Native American Florida Match

Moderators: dpyates, jakayj, suelevin1, dnacommunities, teresapy, D J Thornton

Raven

Native American Florida Match

Postby Raven » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:51 pm

I was wondering why the Native American Florida match states "Source publication: Allele Frequencies for Fourteen STR Loci of the PowerPlex 1.1 and 2.1 Multiplex Systems and Penta D Locus In Caucasians, African-Americans, Hispanics, and Other Populations of the United States of America and Brazil." I understand that all populations are mixed but does this mean that this population is mixed with Hispanic and African American?

emmdee2

Re: Native American Florida Match

Postby emmdee2 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:04 am

I believe there was probably a research paper that listed various groups STR allele values. Those are sources of those allele number data that you see in your results the chart with green, yellow and blue... like Locus D8S1179 Allele values 14 and 15 etc.

The FBI puts out information on allele frequency for various populations you can see online:

https://ucr.fbi.gov/lab/biometric-analy ... -16-15.pdf

So it is not saying Florida Native are also hispanic and african american but that the source had data for various populations of which those were some named.

christopherswink8

Postby christopherswink8 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:54 pm

Marcia,

I am not sure if I am reading these charts correctly. But if I am. My alleles fall within the parameters of the Apache list at the link you provided. As well as some Navajo alleles

emmdee2

Postby emmdee2 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:23 am

christopherswink8 wrote:Marcia,

I am not sure if I am reading these charts correctly. But if I am. My alleles fall within the parameters of the Apache list at the link you provided. As well as some Navajo alleles

It is a bit hard to sit there and compare but for me (and I was counting how many were either 1st and 2nd most frequent alleles) I seem to show highest to SE Hispanic, then Guam Chamorros and Caucasian would be third. I suspect the Guam is something on my dad's side as he sometimes gets things like Melanesian type trace results.

Saw your reply on the Cherokee thread and look forward to that. :)

Return to “Native American”