Welcome to DNA Ancestor Communities! Here you can learn about your own ancestry as well as explore wide-ranging topics such as genetics, genealogy, and world history. We have ten DNA Ancestry forums, including several found nowhere else, such as Melungeon, Romani, and Cherokee. You may read any posts in any forum but to reply or start a new thread you must register. Please click at the top right corner to register or log in.

If you're not sure where to start, register, choose a forum, and jump in. DNA Ancestor Communities is for everyone, from novice to expert. Our experienced moderators will be happy to guide you during your search for answers and information, and of course everyone likes to hear personal stories. Come on in!

Moytoy, of Tellico

Moderators: dpyates, jakayj, suelevin1, dnacommunities, teresapy, D J Thornton

D J Thornton

Moytoy, of Tellico

Postby D J Thornton » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:00 pm

https://www.geni.com/people/Moytoy-of-T ... 4086139262

Moytoy, of Tellico
Also Known As: "Moytoy", "Amatoya", "Trader Carpenter", "Rain or Water Conjuror", "Amoadawehi", "Amahetai", "Head warrior of Tellico of the Overhills", "Trader", "Water Conjurer", ""Trader" Carpenter the 1st Moytoy Chief of Chota", "Rain Maker", "Amo-adawehi", "CHIEF OF TELLICO", "SUPREME CHI..."
Birthdate: circa 1687
Birthplace: Tellico, Cherokee Nation (current East Tennessee)
Death: 1741 (49-58)
Place of Burial: Nikwasi, Franklin, North Carolina
Immediate Family:
Husband of NN partner of Moytoy
Father of Amouskositte Moytoy, Uku of Great Tellico
Occupation: Headman of Tellico, Chief of all Cherokees 1675, Chief of cherokee nation 1730-1760, Principal chief Wolf Clan
Managed by: Pam Wilson
Last Updated: January 22, 2019

I recommend following Pam Wilson, she is A Professor working on NC population, I find many Kin in her Database.

by:Gwyneth McNeil
If. You are new to looking at Geni, click on Pam Name gets to her profile, and you can search on Alpha list.

D J Thornton

Re: Moytoy, of Tellico

Postby D J Thornton » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:38 pm

This is a good start , I recommend her based on research sharing , including sources and this database will help you find your location kin and how they might or do connect to Moytoy

D J Thornton

Re: Moytoy, of Tellico

Postby D J Thornton » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:31 pm

by:Gwyneth McNeil

https://www.geni.com/people/Gwyneth-McNeil/4155517

“focus on finding validated bloodlines through possibly mythic connections.“

This is the same method we use for Native Americans Oral Traditions, And I find kin here. Her data comes up often for me.

Return to “Native American”