Welcome to DNA Ancestor Communities! Here you can learn about your own ancestry as well as explore wide-ranging topics such as genetics, genealogy, and world history. We have ten DNA Ancestry forums, including several found nowhere else, such as Melungeon, Romani, and Cherokee. You may read any posts in any forum but to reply or start a new thread you must register. Please click at the top right corner to register or log in.

If you're not sure where to start, register, choose a forum, and jump in. DNA Ancestor Communities is for everyone, from novice to expert. Our experienced moderators will be happy to guide you during your search for answers and information, and of course everyone likes to hear personal stories. Come on in!

Missing alleles?

Moderators: dpyates, jakayj, suelevin1, dnacommunities, teresapy, D J Thornton

matityahu

Missing alleles?

Postby matityahu » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:13 pm

My wife received her DNA results and we noticed that there are only one set of allele markers whereas mine didn't.

Any idea why? I emailed DNA Consultants and no one replied.

jakayj

Re: Missing alleles?

Postby jakayj » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:32 am

If only one allele is listed, that means both alleles are the same. For instance: "D3S1358 15 16" means one allele measured 15 and the other 16; "D3S1358 15 " means both alleles measured 15.

The lab just doesn't repeat identical alleles. Many lab reports have one or two, sometimes more, Loci with identical alleles so they list one number.
If your report did not have any, then your alleles were not identical.

Hope this helps.

Jakay

matityahu

Re: Missing alleles?

Postby matityahu » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:31 pm

It does, thank you!

Return to “World”