Welcome to DNA Ancestor Communities! Here you can learn about your own ancestry as well as explore wide-ranging topics such as genetics, genealogy, and world history. We have ten DNA Ancestry forums, including several found nowhere else, such as Melungeon, Romani, and Cherokee. You may read any posts in any forum but to reply or start a new thread you must register. Please click at the top right corner to register or log in.

If you're not sure where to start, register, choose a forum, and jump in. DNA Ancestor Communities is for everyone, from novice to expert. Our experienced moderators will be happy to guide you during your search for answers and information, and of course everyone likes to hear personal stories. Come on in!

Mega Population Score and Ethnic Panel

Moderators: dpyates, jakayj, suelevin1, dnacommunities, teresapy

Spindoc1000

Mega Population Score and Ethnic Panel

Postby Spindoc1000 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:20 pm

What does it mean that my Jewish Mega Population score is very high at 7.384E+10, but my Marker Ethnic Panel is blank?

suelevin1

Re: Mega Population Score and Ethnic Panel

Postby suelevin1 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:39 pm

The Mega population is a stronger indication of ancestry than the marker panel. You just missed getting the markers for Jewish ancestry- that doesn't mean you don't have any. A sibling might show the markers but you don't.

Sue

ymidualc

Postby ymidualc » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:25 pm

In my Megapopulations Top Ten ,Jewish is listed number 5 and Middle East 7.And I have Jewish I and Jewish III marker.
Jewish ancestry confirmed.

rdegnen

Postby rdegnen » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:28 pm

My recent Megapopulation Test top 10 ancestry catagories were; Melungeon, Middle Eastern, Mediterranean European, JEWISH, Northern European, Iberian, European American, African American, Central European and East European.

matityahu

Postby matityahu » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:43 am

For Megapopulations, does the order of the averages mean anything? What is considered high or low? How much do they overlap, particularly as it pertains to Jewish ancestry (markers 1 & 3)?
Attachments
image.png
image.png (252.75 KiB) Viewed 51964 times

suelevin1

Postby suelevin1 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:37 pm

The megapopulations are listed in order of strength but sometimes the variations are large and sometimes very small. Look at the chart on page 11 of your report and see how the blue lines compare. The megapopulations are a better indication of your ancestry than the markers, so give them more weight.

Hope this helps

Sue

Return to “Jewish”