Welcome to DNA Ancestor Communities! Here you can learn about your own ancestry as well as explore wide-ranging topics such as genetics, genealogy, and world history. We have ten DNA Ancestry forums, including several found nowhere else, such as Melungeon, Romani, and Cherokee. You may read any posts in any forum but to reply or start a new thread you must register. Please click at the top right corner to register or log in.

If you're not sure where to start, register, choose a forum, and jump in. DNA Ancestor Communities is for everyone, from novice to expert. Our experienced moderators will be happy to guide you during your search for answers and information, and of course everyone likes to hear personal stories. Come on in!

Saleechie (Doublehead) Colbert

Moderators: Shari, dpyates, jakayj, suelevin1, dnacommunities, teresapy, janRavenspirit

James

Saleechie (Doublehead) Colbert

Postby James » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:04 am

I have been in contact with the daughter of the man who I believe may be the last living carrier of the mtDNA of Saleechie Colbert, and possibly Creat Priber. She was kind enough to share their dna results with me. While 23andMe has her as X2a, they have her father as I4. As I understand it, Creat Priber's mother and grand mother were both thought to be Cherokee, pushing any mixture back into the 1600s or earlier. Much more research to be done.

I have not followed the paper trail to prove he is a descendant, but I have no reason to doubt his daughter. Sadly, it may prove that my Cornblossom was not the daughter of Creat Priber making my search much more difficult. Just thought I would share if anyone else is interested in the children of Doublehead and his many wives.

HayBrendaDeS

Re: Saleechie (Doublehead) Colbert

Postby HayBrendaDeS » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:43 am

Hi
Just came across your posts regarding Saleechie Doublehead. Her name & the other family names are in my family line.

Brenda Betts-DeShields

James

Postby James » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:35 am

Is your family tree online anywhere? I am fairly confident that I am not related to her but i am still collecting evidence.

HayBrendaDeS

Postby HayBrendaDeS » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:03 am

Hi
I am on Geni.com only for the family tree.

Look for my name Brenda Betts DeShields

Thanks
Brenda

James

Postby James » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:09 am

Ok. I found it. Thanks

Return to “Cherokee”