Welcome to DNA Ancestor Communities! Here you can learn about your own ancestry as well as explore wide-ranging topics such as genetics, genealogy, and world history. We have ten DNA Ancestry forums, including several found nowhere else, such as Melungeon, Romani, and Cherokee. You may read any posts in any forum but to reply or start a new thread you must register. Please click at the top right corner to register or log in.

If you're not sure where to start, register, choose a forum, and jump in. DNA Ancestor Communities is for everyone, from novice to expert. Our experienced moderators will be happy to guide you during your search for answers and information, and of course everyone likes to hear personal stories. Come on in!

Confused and disappointed!

Moderators: Shari, dpyates, jakayj, suelevin1, dnacommunities, teresapy, janRavenspirit

Tsula

Confused and disappointed!

Postby Tsula » Wed May 11, 2016 4:40 am

I just got my results back from the Cherokee fingerprint test and I am stunned. First my Cherokee marker was ranked are #221 and I had 10 other Native Markers come up from places I know my family never lived. Also there is documented genealogy for Cherokee in my mother's family. My great grandmother was. Also almost every other one listed on my top 50 were South American. I don't understand this at all. I am starting to wonder if I got the right test back at all. With all the genealogy and family stories how can it be I don't have it? I am completely confused and lost. This test makes no sense.

jakayj

Re: Confused and disappointed!

Postby jakayj » Thu May 12, 2016 5:24 pm

I've passed along your concern to the investigators and am waiting to hear back.

Jakay

jakayj

Postby jakayj » Fri May 13, 2016 4:17 am

The investigators would like you to call them at 888-806-2588 M- F 10-6 MT as they would need to look at your individual report and go over it. They pointed out that oral history can sometimes be wrong because it is quite possible to have someone in your ancestry from another tribe be adopted by another tribe but then pass down the oral history of the tribe they adopted. Also, DNA Consultants has all published data on American Indian tribes and tribal regions, but there are gaps. For instance, there are no studies that have been done on Blackfoot, and some tribes have been wiped out.

I'm certain the investigators can help sort this out for you.

Jakay

Tsula

Postby Tsula » Sat May 21, 2016 12:11 am

Thank you! I just saw your message and I will call first thing Monday morning to speak to them.

Tammy

Return to “Cherokee”