Welcome to DNA Ancestor Communities! Here you can learn about your own ancestry as well as explore wide-ranging topics such as genetics, genealogy, and world history. We have ten DNA Ancestry forums, including several found nowhere else, such as Melungeon, Romani, and Cherokee. You may read any posts in any forum but to reply or start a new thread you must register. Please click at the top right corner to register or log in.

If you're not sure where to start, register, choose a forum, and jump in. DNA Ancestor Communities is for everyone, from novice to expert. Our experienced moderators will be happy to guide you during your search for answers and information, and of course everyone likes to hear personal stories. Come on in!

Cherokee Autosomal Research Project

Moderators: Shari, dpyates, jakayj, suelevin1, dnacommunities, teresapy, janRavenspirit

Raven

Cherokee Autosomal Research Project

Postby Raven » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:49 pm

I tried to send an email to Jaykay about this project. Does someone qualify for the study if they do not have a documented history of Cherokee relatives and would it provide matches to other people in the study? I received a match to U.S. Cherokee admixed in the top fifty as well as other native matches and my mother's report showed Native American markers from both parents. On ancestry.com I matched as a distant cousin with someone who is a descendant of Sallie Parris Langley, Moses and George Parris and Richard Pearis but unfortunately ancestry.com doesn't explain what part of the family or how we are related, only that we are distant cousins.

James

Re: Cherokee Autosomal Research Project

Postby James » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:50 pm

Do you have a link to where you read about the project? In other Cherokee projects you needed a documented paper trail.

Raven

Postby Raven » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:37 pm

Hi James. It's on DNA Consultants website under Cherokee studies.

jakayj

Postby jakayj » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:44 pm

James and Raven,

Details of the two studies Cherokee DNA Studies Phase III and Autosomal Cherokee DNA Studies Phase II are on the website dnaconsultants.com .

I'm still organizing the files, but I'll try to get you answers not addressed there. You can email me at jakay@dnaconsultants.com .

Jakay

Raven

Postby Raven » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:12 pm

Hi Jakay,
I sent you an email after I posted this and saw that you responded that you are checking to see if I qualify. I'll wait to hear back from you.

jakayj

Postby jakayj » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:43 pm

Raven,

I sent you a reply by email as well.

Jakay

littleno

Postby littleno » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:16 pm

I was unable to open the Cherokee Autosomal research project ll. but I would like to be part of it..
I know my dad is Native American Indian and Cherokee. his mother was Cherokee Indian and his father was native American Indian and Scottish/ Irish.

James

Postby James » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:29 am

littleno wrote:I was unable to open the Cherokee Autosomal research project ll. but I would like to be part of it..
I know my dad is Native American Indian and Cherokee. his mother was Cherokee Indian and his father was native American Indian and Scottish/ Irish.

I never could get to it through the web site but found it in a web search.

Return to “Cherokee”