Welcome to DNA Ancestor Communities! Here you can learn about your own ancestry as well as explore wide-ranging topics such as genetics, genealogy, and world history. We have ten DNA Ancestry forums, including several found nowhere else, such as Melungeon, Romani, and Cherokee. You may read any posts in any forum but to reply or start a new thread you must register. Please click at the top right corner to register or log in.

If you're not sure where to start, register, choose a forum, and jump in. DNA Ancestor Communities is for everyone, from novice to expert. Our experienced moderators will be happy to guide you during your search for answers and information, and of course everyone likes to hear personal stories. Come on in!

Gedmatch matches....

Moderators: Shari, dpyates, jakayj, suelevin1, dnacommunities, teresapy, janRavenspirit

wvfam2100

Gedmatch matches....

Postby wvfam2100 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:23 am

Hope the admin is ok with talking about other DNA tests here: i am just wondering if anyone who tested thru DNA Consultants has another test on Gedmatch. If it's okay, we could put our numbers out here. I have tested thru DNA Consultants, and received the Cherokee results high up on my list of World Matches. Curious to hear from anyone here. Many thanks

jakayj

Re: Gedmatch matches....

Postby jakayj » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:56 pm

We have no problem with your doing this; however, you cannot compare your results from our DNA Plus with Gedmatch as that is a genealogy program, so it it is like comparing apples and oranges. Also, you cannot compare your results with other DNA tests from other companies as we use both a different analysis and different data- which is why we can give you such specific results. Most companies use what is called educated probabilities, and we analyze your unique genetic profile and compare it with all published populations in world and European academic and forensic databases. The only one that we can use would be a haplotype test as it is the same science. We can do a more extensive search if you can send us or give us access to the genetic profile from the lab ( order the Premium Male or Premium Female report only ).
Jakay

wvfam2100

Postby wvfam2100 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:47 pm

Very good. And yes what you say is why this test is so interesting for us.
If anyone would like to start a private Gedmatch list through PM, send me a message. Or just post here that you are interested.

christopherswink8

Postby christopherswink8 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:42 am

I would like to share my Gedmatch kits with you. It may help to clear up some of the cloudiness in my lines. christopherswink8@gmail.com

Return to “Cherokee”