Welcome to DNA Ancestor Communities! Here you can learn about your own ancestry as well as explore wide-ranging topics such as genetics, genealogy, and world history. We have ten DNA Ancestry forums, including several found nowhere else, such as Melungeon, Romani, and Cherokee. You may read any posts in any forum but to reply or start a new thread you must register. Please click at the top right corner to register or log in.

If you're not sure where to start, register, choose a forum, and jump in. DNA Ancestor Communities is for everyone, from novice to expert. Our experienced moderators will be happy to guide you during your search for answers and information, and of course everyone likes to hear personal stories. Come on in!

Wayne Co KY Cherokees

Moderators: Shari, dpyates, jakayj, suelevin1, dnacommunities, teresapy, janRavenspirit

Shari

Re: Wayne Co KY Cherokees

Postby Shari » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:35 pm

Thanks, Dorene. This certainly gives me hope.

deborahmcdonald

Postby deborahmcdonald » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:36 am

Hello, I just received my results and I also have Cherokee dna, and after looking at some of the posts here what surprised me is that in looking back on my Ancestry DNA I found that I have a 2nd or 3rd cousin with the last name of Sherrill. This is whole dna search is very interesting. But I also have Coopers and West’s.

Shari

Postby Shari » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:40 pm

Hi Deborah,
So far I've not been able to identify my Wayne Co KY Cherokee ancestors by name. However, several years ago a Sherrill cousin and I wrote a Sherrill family history. If you give me your email address, I can send it to you by email attachment.
Shari

deborahmcdonald

Postby deborahmcdonald » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:51 am

Hi, my email address is RainyDays11122006@gmail.com

Thank you,
Debbie

Return to “Cherokee”