Welcome to DNA Ancestor Communities! Here you can learn about your own ancestry as well as explore wide-ranging topics such as genetics, genealogy, and world history. We have ten DNA Ancestry forums, including several found nowhere else, such as Melungeon, Romani, and Cherokee. You may read any posts in any forum but to reply or start a new thread you must register. Please click at the top right corner to register or log in.

If you're not sure where to start, register, choose a forum, and jump in. DNA Ancestor Communities is for everyone, from novice to expert. Our experienced moderators will be happy to guide you during your search for answers and information, and of course everyone likes to hear personal stories. Come on in!

Hispanic Heritage

Moderators: dpyates, jakayj, suelevin1, dnacommunities, teresapy

suelevin1

Hispanic Heritage

Postby suelevin1 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:00 pm

Are you wondering about your Hispanic heritage? Ask a question here and we will try to help!

clepper

Re: Hispanic Heritage

Postby clepper » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:43 pm

In addition to a multitude of Native American matches I also had these Hispanic ones in the world population matches section: Is order relevant? How can I find out more about this?
2. Hispanic- Southwestern US (n=105)
8. Hispanic - New York (n=76)
15.23.26. Hispanic - Minnesota (n=191) and (n=151) and (n=75)
16. Hispanic - California (n=105)
32. Hispanic - Connecticut (n=187)
35. 42. Hispanic - US (n=199) and (n=497)
45. Hispanic North Carolina = (n=157)

Shari

Postby Shari » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:32 pm

Find my post in the Cherokee Forum where I’ve shown my World Population Matches. You and I have several in common - Hispanic - Southwestern US (my rank 15); Hispanic - Minnesota (4, 5, 9), Hispanic - California (19), Hispanic - US (13, 22, 42); and Hispanic - North Carolina (6). I have other Hispanic matches as well.

suelevin1

Postby suelevin1 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:26 pm

The order of the top 50 populations is a mathematical calculation so in that sense they are listed from "more" to "less". However, the variances are often statistically too small to count. In general, you can group them together and count each group as almost the same. The first ten or twelve might be very close, then the next ten etc. The "N" numbers are not related to your frequency- everyone who has the same population will have the same N. It's a way differentiate each population.

Hope this helps!

Sue

Return to “Hispanic”