Welcome to DNA Ancestor Communities! Here you can learn about your own ancestry as well as explore wide-ranging topics such as genetics, genealogy, and world history. We have ten DNA Ancestry forums, including several found nowhere else, such as Melungeon, Romani, and Cherokee. You may read any posts in any forum but to reply or start a new thread you must register. Please click at the top right corner to register or log in.

If you're not sure where to start, register, choose a forum, and jump in. DNA Ancestor Communities is for everyone, from novice to expert. Our experienced moderators will be happy to guide you during your search for answers and information, and of course everyone likes to hear personal stories. Come on in!

Iberian DNA Versus Iberian American DNA

Moderators: dpyates, jakayj, suelevin1, dnacommunities, teresapy

Raven

Iberian DNA Versus Iberian American DNA

Postby Raven » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:14 pm

What is the difference is between Iberian American DNA versus Iberian DNA? My mother and I were both tested and my DNA is much more common in Hispanic Americans than it is for her. Both of us also have Iberian matches but her DNA seems to be more common in Spain and Brazil than it is for me. Based on the world map, I match almost every Hispanic American population while she only matches a few. I also have Native American matches that she does not and some are the same. I received one native American ll marker from one parent. I'm wondering if my matches are due to my father who has not been tested?

suelevin1

Re: Iberian DNA Versus Iberian American DNA

Postby suelevin1 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:23 pm

Raven, Iberian is Spanish/Portuguese and Iberian American is Hispanic. From your description, this matches your and your mother's results. Your Native American II marker is common among people with ties to populations in North and South America. It is impossible to determine which markers came from your mother and which from your father. I hope this helps.

Sue

Return to “Hispanic”