Welcome to DNA Ancestor Communities! Here you can learn about your own ancestry as well as explore wide-ranging topics such as genetics, genealogy, and world history. We have ten DNA Ancestry forums, including several found nowhere else, such as Melungeon, Romani, and Cherokee. You may read any posts in any forum but to reply or start a new thread you must register. Please click at the top right corner to register or log in.

If you're not sure where to start, register, choose a forum, and jump in. DNA Ancestor Communities is for everyone, from novice to expert. Our experienced moderators will be happy to guide you during your search for answers and information, and of course everyone likes to hear personal stories. Come on in!

Jewish markers with Iberian background

Moderators: dpyates, jakayj, suelevin1, dnacommunities, teresapy

ymidualc

Re: Jewish markers with Iberian background

Postby ymidualc » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:15 am

Dr.Yates,

I have only one of each.One Jewish I and one jewish III.

Raven

Postby Raven » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:41 pm

DNAadministrator wrote:Yes, it is. I will be free all day tomorrow (Wednesday) to discuss with you. Is there a good time for you or another day?

Sue

Hi Sue. I sent you an email about this along with some other questions that I had.

Erceg1**

Postby Erceg1** » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:17 am

dpyates wrote:Welcome to the Jewish Forum. Which two Jewish markers do you have. I can tell you more when I see whether you got one checkmark or two under Jewish I, II, III or IV.

I have Jewish 111 - 1 marker. what does this mean?

suelevin1

Postby suelevin1 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:33 pm

Jewish III has Middle Eastern roots and is usually Sephardic. This seems to be consistent with your report.

Sue

ymidualc

Postby ymidualc » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:54 pm

Jewish III usually sephardic. And jewish I ?
I have Jewish I And Jewish III.

ymidualc

Postby ymidualc » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:53 pm

Jewish III is usually sephardic And Jewish I sephardic also or can be ashkenazi?

jakayj

Postby jakayj » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:53 pm

Good day,

All reports have a key to the markers for additional information, and that's all I have. Jewish I is considered too admixed to determine. Jewish II is most closely linked with Ashkenazi and is relatively rare. Jewish III is most closely linked with Sephardic Jewish.

Hope this helps,
Jakay

ymidualc

Postby ymidualc » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:11 pm

Thanks!

puddister

Postby puddister » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:21 pm

Hello Everyone,
I am new to this community and I received by results have some questions with regards to how to read them. Some much information. Jewish III both markers, Jewish I both markers and Jewish II one marker. How to read this/understand the information.

The sub-Saharan markers II, III AND IV- with a mixture of Iberian, Western European and Native american Ancestry.

I do not know my paternal ancestral line, only my maternal line.

The analysis and conclusion: Principal ancestral lines,

European, notably Spanish/Portuguese, British, Scots/Irish, Italian, Dutch, Austrian, Finnish, Slavic(1,4-5,10 15-17.9) Mega populations, Euro markers and maps with American Indian (marker) admixture. There is also a Jewish (33, markers, megapopulations, green triangle on Israel map) Middle eastern (3, 11-14, magapopulations map) and romani/Gypsy megapopulations.

Thank you
Tina

jakayj

Postby jakayj » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:22 pm

Good afternoon, Tina,

I understand being new to the forum. So am I, and at this point, I don't analyze reports. You can call DNA Consultants at 888-806-2588 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Mountain Time on Monday through Friday and speak with Teresa Panther-Yates or Dr. Donald Yates to help you interpret your results.

I hope you're as excited to be in this exploration of your genetic background as I am. And, yes, there is a lot of information to master...and the field is growing all the time.

Enjoy yourself,
Jakay

Return to “Jewish”