Welcome to DNA Ancestor Communities! Here you can learn about your own ancestry as well as explore wide-ranging topics such as genetics, genealogy, and world history. We have ten DNA Ancestry forums, including several found nowhere else, such as Melungeon, Romani, and Cherokee. You may read any posts in any forum but to reply or start a new thread you must register. Please click at the top right corner to register or log in.

If you're not sure where to start, register, choose a forum, and jump in. DNA Ancestor Communities is for everyone, from novice to expert. Our experienced moderators will be happy to guide you during your search for answers and information, and of course everyone likes to hear personal stories. Come on in!

Architecture and layout of Catholic churches and the traveling Hebrew tribes

Moderators: dpyates, jakayj, suelevin1, dnacommunities, teresapy

christopherswink8

Architecture and layout of Catholic churches and the traveling Hebrew tribes

Postby christopherswink8 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:05 pm

In my research I have noticed similarities between the architectural layout of Catholic churches and the encampments of the Hebrew tribes on their journey out of Egypt, Mitzrayim. If viewed from above both resemble that of a cross. With the Levites and the Holy Seat directly in the center of the encampment. And the altar of Catholic churches being in the center as well. In my research I also found that the unspeakable name of God, YHVH, was placed above the entrance of the Notre Dame cathedral. Makes me wonder if the architects of these cathedrals were Crypto Jews or if the architects modeled the Cathedral layout after the Hebrew encampments.

Return to “Jewish”