Welcome to DNA Ancestor Communities! Here you can learn about your own ancestry as well as explore wide-ranging topics such as genetics, genealogy, and world history. We have ten DNA Ancestry forums, including several found nowhere else, such as Melungeon, Romani, and Cherokee. You may read any posts in any forum but to reply or start a new thread you must register. Please click at the top right corner to register or log in.

If you're not sure where to start, register, choose a forum, and jump in. DNA Ancestor Communities is for everyone, from novice to expert. Our experienced moderators will be happy to guide you during your search for answers and information, and of course everyone likes to hear personal stories. Come on in!

Crypto Jews

Moderators: dpyates, jakayj, suelevin1, dnacommunities, teresapy

yellowrose

Crypto Jews

Postby yellowrose » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:53 pm

While researching my mother’s ancestry, I have discovered that through her mother’s line we go back to John Howland and His wife through the Gorhams.
Much to my surprise, I came across an article regarding the pilgrims. In summary the article suggested that they were Sephardim. This is completely different than what has historically been taught in the education system.
I am interested in learning more about this and would like to know the best place to begin.
Thank -you

Return to “Jewish”